Thursday, September 1, 2011

My White . . . s p a c e

So, I'm linking up this Thursday evening with Faith Barista . . . See ------>
the link over on the side; you can read other responses to Bonnie's question/prompt/musings, etc. :o)

Spiritual Whitespace . . . this is a new name for a time in my day and life that I have known as devotions, meditation, my quiet time with God. Bonnie explains in her blog post here that from the beginning God has wanted us to have "soul rest."

“In repentance and rest you will be saved, In quietness and trust is your strength.” Isaiah 30:15

In addition, Bonnie shared in her post today 5 Killers of our Whitespace. I agree with these killers. I have allowed at times all of them to steal my time with my Lord and Savior. 
Not anymore, I cherish ever miniscule moment I am able to spend with my Savior no matter how it may look to someone else or compare to how they spend their time. It's my relationship and it isn't going to look or feel like anyone else's. Isn't that awesome!

It has taken me many years to finally come to this moment in time where I don't hold my devotion, quiet time, meditation, or white space time against what I hear my sister's in Christ describing as their time. What they are doing, or what some Christian author says is the "right" way to spend this time, it's not for me.

About a year and a half ago, God made me STOP what I was doing. He clearly said to me, "Be still and know that I am God."
So, I stopped and I have reaped wonderful blessings from Him because I was aware of His still small voice.

This summer my whitespace moments have been beside a campfire with the canopy of stars above my head and a chorus of crickets around me.


So, my prayer for you my few readers, is that you will find your unique time with our Lord and Savior. That you will be richly blessed by your time with Him.

Blessings of joy,

Michelle





1 comment:

  1. Hi Michelle! Love your post and welcome to the jam session! The campfire sounds wonderful!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete