Monday, May 2, 2011

Trimmings 2011

After my package arrived from Australia

and I saw the wonderful Trimmings tucked inside
I began sorting, imagining, and searching the blogs I read trying to get inspiration for what I could create!




I decided to create something from Geta's Quilting Studio. She is a very, very talented quilter from Romania that I came across. I love, love, love her quilting. Please take a look around her blog after you see what I created from her wonderful tutorial.



 
 
more specifically this quilted bowl from one of her free tutorials!!



I printed the templates, cut them out, fussy cut some of the Trimmings, and added some linen from my stash that came from JoAnn Fabrics.


Pieced hexagon bottom
Inset FanFlower hexagon within the pentagons for the sides
Inset adorable Elephants within a pentagon side

Center surrounded by the pentagon sides
I really like this layout 
The next steps were to fuse material like TemTex with a backing fabric and edge each piece with a satin stitch (unfortunately, no pics of this process)
However, I do have several of the completed bowl.

One way to have the bowl with a yellow center


The outside of the bowl. I really like the pieced hexagon bottom. I am considering taking it apart and putting it back together with all of the Trimmings fabric on the inside :0) Also, I can improve my satin stitch edges because I am not content with how they turned out.

The bowl turned the other way.

The fabric bowl sitting with the other completed projects which I will tell you about in my next blog.



Blessings of joy,

Michelle





No comments:

Post a Comment