Saturday, May 21, 2011

Quilting and Solitude

I am back from seeing my family in Kentucky. I am so very proud of my sister. She has accomplished so much in the last 2 years. I pray she will continue to be blessed and loved by family and friends.

This weekend, my dear husband has gone to Ohio to the Dayton Hamfest and I am here alone because our college age children our out of the house tonight.

So, I have been working on a few things. Here is my collection of Kona solids to begin my  Bottled Rainbow Ticker Tape quilt. See the link to the left for more information :0)

I have decided that I NEED a new camera and possibly some better "reading" glasses. I apologize for the blurry pics. They did look clear to me in the camera's viewer :0) hehehe!

Kona Bone for the ticker tape centers.

Bottled Rainbow Kona solids. I do like rainbows especially ones created by God when there is rain and sunshine :0)

I have completed the Ruby rectangle.

Now that I look at my pic, it is upside down :0) Oh well, it still looks great to me. 

This is my first quilt as you go quilt. So, far it is going better than I thought. I did zigzag this block but I may try straight stitch applique for the others. I'm interested in how the backing is added and how the blocks will be connected :0/

I also started a table runner for my daughter. It is from the Fresh Flowers line from Moda.
 I purchased a charm pack to show Jenn the wonderful fabrics. Then when I went back MOST of the fabrics were gone. So, I am creating a table runner from the design in my mind and the fabric the shoppe had left in the fabric line. Here is the beginning:

I used 14 squares from the charm pack; most of the yellow, green, and orange  (b/c those are her favorite colors) with only a couple of the red and blue squares as a touch of contrast.

For now they are half square triangle squares but I am thinking I would like them to be quarter square that I can place as pinwheels.

Anyway, I also purchased some yardage.

The plan at the fabric shoppe was to use the blue as the backing, the stripe as the binding (because I really love striped or plaid binding on the bias) and the yellow/red polka dot as some sashing. (IDK why it doesn't like sash with an -ing added to it? It is probably not the correct spelling :0) )

So, far I am really loving the half square triangles. I'll sleep on it and possibly show it to my daughter to get her input and maybe my artistic/graphic design son will be able to give me his input into the whole design process. For now. . .

Blessings of joy,

Michelle

2 comments:

  1. I am always amazed at what all I learn from my blogging friends! I've never heard of ticker tape quilts! Thanks for the info! They look amazing!

    LaDonna

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling table runner this will be. :o)

    ReplyDelete