Thursday, June 30, 2011

Disappearing, Surprising, and Organizing


Last blog I began sharing about my WIP (works in progress). That disappearing pen has an inconsistent temperament :0/
Surprising

A few weeks ago, my blogging friend at Notes of Sincerity
chose me to be one of her recipients in a Pay it Forward activity.
Well,
this arrived yesterday afternoon . . . 
An envelope with tissue wrapped bundles.

Inside, I discovered

these treasures :0)

First, was this cute DREAM bunting (which my son's girlfriend REALLY likes . . . I will be making one for her birthday at the end of the month with something else I had planned. I love how things work out that way)

I hung it from the mantle in my kitchen :0) 


YES, I have a fireplace with a mantle in my kitchen but, I have very little counter space and no storage :0/

The pear fabric goes perfectly with my "Fruit of the Spirit" theme. 
Next was a wonderful mini quilt/mug rug/mini table runner :0) It's almost like Trish has been to my house and noticed my bookshelf and mantle needed a small touch of sweetness.
I had the perfect place for it :0)

Next to my Uncle Sam candle holder and flag tin with pine cones.


Then a cover for my tissues. I don't go anywhere without tissues. How did she know?

Finally, a wonderful cut of fabric covered in POLKA DOTS!!!
LOVE, love, love this :0)  
Once again, Thank you for the wonderful SURPRISE!

Organizing

Jenn and Aaron's quilt is all cut out. I love cutting into new fabric.


Now the organizing and a dilemma.
The directions stated to use a design wall so, I tried
 this 
Quilt batting hung from china cabinet with skirt hangers.

But it didn't work :0(

Then I tried numbering the illustration in the magazine and that wasn't working either.
 So, I laid out the top quarter of the quilt on the floor.

Then stuck post-its on all the blocks to label them.
Now, 
they are ready to sew together (at least 1/4 of the quilt is ready.) I will repeat this process 3 more times :0) Happy dance, I am looking forward to sewing all the seams as I pray for my daughter and her future husband.

Cute bundles of joy :0)
Hopefully you enjoyed my musings and will stop by again because I do need to Pay it Forward to some lucky persons who read my blog, love to quilt/craft, and want to play along, too.

Blessings of joy,


Michelle

1 comment:

  1. Hi Michelle. :o)
    Oh I am soo glad that you loved your goodies! I sure enjoyed creating them especially for you! :o)
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Sincerely, Trish

    ReplyDelete