Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Quilting the days of my life

First a confession, I have been slowly (sloth pace) working on a certain quilt since 1994. Wow, that seems like a long time but there were many, many years where I did not complete any squares. Here is what I have so far . . .

Cathedral Window charm quilt (& Holly)

Originally, the quilt was for our queen size bed. We now have a king size bed, which is great for us but not so much for the progress of this quilt :0/
My goal for the last couple weeks was to work on it most evenings while watching/listening to the television. I completed a four square during the finals of American Idol!!

So, I will continue to hand quilt while watching tv in the evenings :0)

Other works in progress . . . 

Original sunflower design mini quilt
Bottled Rainbow Ruby block

Fresh Flowers pinwheel table runner for my daughter

Are you wondering if I complete anything? Well, I am wondering the same thing. The answer is yes. I completed . . . 

1 Table runner for my mom for Mother's Day
(see blog post titled: Table runner)

1 12x12 Something from Nothing Quilt swap quilt


I am going to end this blog for now because Blogger has locked up my computer once while creating this and I don't want to rewrite this blog :0)

Blessings of joy,

Michelle

3 comments:

  1. Cathedral windows look so complicated! I've never made one, but they are so pretty! Holly is a cutie!

    LaDonna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't envy you the task of finishing the Cathedral Windows but it does look lovely. I agree that small goals help to get to the end though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cathedral window quilt looks so lovely and fresh. I am sure your bed is really keen on having it completed soon !

    ReplyDelete