Thursday, June 16, 2011

How has time gone so quickly?

Almost 24 years ago, a ray of sunshine entered our lives.

Jennifer Suzanne (February 1988 ~ 5 months)


and

now
there is . . . 
A ring on her finger!

My baby girl is engaged to a wonderful man of God. I have prayed for this young man since Jennifer was a very small baby.

Jenn and Aaron at Alexandra & Tom's wedding

So, what is a mom who quilts to do you may ask?

Go shopping for fabric of course :0)
First,
Jenn and I went to our favorite pre-shopping lunch spot.

which is so much fun with their new ketchup dip & squeeze packets!
Then to the Fabric Gallery to choose wonderful shades of green, with a touch of yellow and pink for good measure.

Our bag of goodness!


I will be making this quilt for their bed

So, the plan is to accompany my husband to Michigan over the weekend to deliver those radios, visit with some friends, and camp at Van Buren State Park;
while this lovely fabric waits for me here next to my sewing machine :0/

THEN, on Monday I will begin cutting everything into their designated sizes. I usually don't cut and begin sewing on the same day but we will see . . . 
Blessings of joy,
Michelle

3 comments:

  1. First of all, congratulations to the lovely couple! Great fabrics, and they will make a beautiful quilt! Sounds like a wonderful weekend!

    LaDonna

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post. Such special moments. :o)
    Just wanted to check in and see if you were still interested in "paying it forward"? :o) I need your address to mail your special package. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a lovely baby she still is!!Really like your new fabric selections!!
    Blessings,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete