Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Disappearing (this was suppose to be about more but BLOGGER is not cooperating so, I am going to continue tomorrow)

I was intrigued, then mesmerized which led to being hypnotized by all the loveliness happening with this book . . . 


So, I purchased some fabric and began to make my blocks. The blocks are created using templates. There are pros and cons with using templates and many in the flickr group are not enjoying the challenge. I have enjoyed the change in technique. It is making my quilting interesting. Here are the blocks I have finished.







Disappearing

So, I traced the templates for block 7 Sunday evening but I was not able to cut them out. Here is what I discovered Monday afternoon when I sat down to cut and sew the pieces.
The "disappearing" quilting pen actually worked this time. I have other traced pieces that were done last week and the purple lines are still there.

1 comment:

  1. Darn that pen for doing what it's supposed to do! I've also heard stories of people forgetting that they have water soluble thread loaded on their machine! Now that would be really bad!

    Your blocks look great! My sister and I are planning on doing the FW as well, but we haven't started on it yet. Just got the book!

    LaDonna

    ReplyDelete