Monday, June 13, 2011

Sharing my sewing space :0)

Jenn, Josh, and me in Gaeta, Italy 1997

Gaeta, Italy 1997

My husband is a retired Senior Chief Petty Officer from the United States Navy. While he was in the Navy we were blessed to live for three years in the small village of Gaeta which is north of Naples and south of Rome.

The whole experience was wonderful! Homeschooling in the heart of where the Renaissance took place. Our children learned Latin and put on plays in the ruins of amphitheaters. We visited art museums and walked along aqueducts. It is a time in our lives that I would love to go back too . . . except for the very small apartment where we lived.

So, when we returned to the Midwest and began house hunting our current house looked ENORMOUS!!
However, over the last 13 years it has very quickly lost that look.

I share my sewing space with my husband. In the last few months, he has been preparing a lot of electronic equipment for a teacher's institute in Michigan.

So, here is what our shared space looks like at the moment . . . 

16 bundles of 75' coax cable!

His HF receiver used for satellite weather and communication with other amateur radio operators (affectionately called HAMS) and the controls to an antenna rotor for the satellite institute.   

His soldering station to create all the cables for the 8 rotors and HF receivers for the class being taught in Michigan.


  Finally, my machine which I can't get to. Thankfully,  ALL those radios, rotors, and cables will be delivered to Michigan on Saturday. WOOHOO!!!

I am really looking forward to cleaning and organizing our shared space so that creating can happen in both corners of our small space.

Blessings of joy,


Michelle

2 comments:

  1. You are a wonderful wife to share your sewing space with your husband! I would hate to think what my sewing room would look like if it was shared with my husband's hobbies!

    LaDonna

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so blessed to have lived where you did!! :o) Gosh, all the history and adventures to experience there! As homeschool moms we just love having that hands on. :o)

    ReplyDelete